On Saturday June 29, 2013 the annual Mutt Masters Dog Show and Olympics will be held in Lincoln City, Oregon. Registration begins at 11 am with the contests and shows beginning at noon. Registration fee is $5 per dog, per category – or $25 per dog for unlimited entries.
Deena Printz will be doing caricature drawings, and Shirley Scott with Animal Talk Healing doing pet psychic readings. There will be a photo booth to help capture your special memories of the day, and a flyball demonstration by Sue Giles Green. Raffles will occur throughout the day. Prizes include gift certificates, doggie and human goodies, glass floats and more!
For humans there will be food booths and booths with pet-related information, gifts and goodies. Bring the whole family, even if you leave your pup at home. Spectator suggested donation is $5 per person, kids 12 and under get in for free.
All proceeds will go to support our lifesaving work at the Lincoln County Animal Shelter. We will also be accepting donations of canned and dry food for the Lincoln County Animal Shelter's pet food bank.
Old Taft Elementary School
1545 SE 50th Street
Lincoln City, Oregon
Schedule of Events
11:00 – Registration Begins
12:00 Mutt Masters Dog Show and Olympics Begins!
- Tail Wag Champ – Looking for fast and unique.
- Fabulous Frisbee Catcher – You throw, dog catches, most stylish catch wins. Limited distance will be provided, and catch is not judged by distance.
- Unusual Pet Trick – Anything you can get your dog to do, this one is up to your dog and his/her human!
- Most Distinguished Elder – Dogs 7 years and older get to show their age – PROUDLY!
- Best Handshake – You two shake on it, we judge best obedience and form.
- Best Dressed
- Sing Off - Guardians can use any non-physical means to help their dogs sing.
- Sleep Off - The dog lying down for the longest without moving--no wagging tails or wiggly ears--(up to 1 minute) wins!
- Best Shedder - Guardians have one minute to brush their dog and place hair in plastic bags (bags provided, handler supplies own brush). Most hair wins.
- Peanut Butter Lick - Guardians hold a peanut butter-filled spoon in their mouths (no hands allowed!). First dog to empty the spoon wins.
Contestants should be in the ON DECK area prior to their event. It is recommended that contestants arrive early.
SCORING SYSTEM AND SHOWING METHOD:
For active categories, the MC will call each handler to present his/her dog for action, one at a time.
For non-active categories, like best-dressed contest, all the contestants will form a line or semi-circle in front of the judges. The MC will have each handler step forward and present his/her dog to the judges.
Many category scores will be the subjective decision of the judges, and their decisions shall be final. If any dispute arises, the dispute shall be resolved by decision of the representative from the Lincoln County Animal Shelter, and that decision shall be final.
1. One handler per dog.
2. Handlers must be 14 years of age or older.
3. Dogs must be on leashes at all times, except for the events in which voice control must be maintained.
4. People must clean up after their dogs.
5. Aggressive dogs may be excluded from competing or appearing in the show if their behavior is, or might become, out of control.
6. The Lincoln County Animal Shelter reserves the right to alter these rules or add to them at any time, including during The Mutt Masters, to protect the health and safety of the dogs, their handlers, and the public.
7. Since dogs cannot be fully vaccinated before four-months-old, for their health and safety, please leave the cute little puppies at home.
1st place winners will receive a basket of goodies, and 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category will receive a prize.
Please find details for participation in the Vendor Application and Agreement. Thank you!