From the Office of the Sheriff
Sheriff Dennis L. Dotson
For Immediate Release
Date: Jul 7, 2008
||Deputy Barry Bruster|
||Lincoln County Sheriff's Office exhibit and the Lincoln County Fair|
||July 18, 2008 through July 20, 2008|
||Lincoln County Fairgrounds|
Your Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office will once again host an exhibit at the Lincoln County Fair, which begins July 18 and runs through July 20. A number of new displays will be featured at the Sheriff’s tent, many of which children (and their parents) will enjoy. The purpose of the exhibit is to provide safety information and education to residents of Lincoln County and beyond. It will also be an opportunity for your Sheriff's Office and other safety groups to showcase special units and community programs. The newly purchased Emergency Situation Shelter will be used for some of the Sheriff's Office displays. There will be handout items and crime prevention brochures. Other presentations include:
- A hands on crime scene investigations processing lab
- Lincoln County Animal Services presentation and pets for adoption
- SWAT Team, a Cutout figure will allow children to transform themselves into a SWAT Team member. Swat team members will be there with their equipment
- Crime Prevention presentations on what you can do to partner with law enforcement to help keep you and your property safe
- Taser educational presentations
- First Aid Kit
- Offering Child Fingerprinting services and photographs to booth visitors with Sheriff’s Office displays.
- Firearms safety presentations
The Exhibit will include tours of a Sheriff’s Office patrol car, Marine Patrol boat, and Jail transport van. Visitors will also see a Sheriff’s Office patrol bicycle, Jail restraint chair, and the equipment used by sheriff deputies in their daily duties. Patrol deputies and Sheriff’s Office staff will be at the booth to help answer questions and to help you learn more about your Lincoln County Sheriff's Office.
Your Lincoln County Sheriff's Office is excited for this opportunity of information exchange and interaction with those we are sworn to protect and serve. We hope you can find time to come see us at the Lincoln County Fair this July 18th through July 20th.
Return to News Releases.